Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Principal's Coffee Friday the 1st

Parents,

Please pardon the mid-week email, as well as an alteration in published plans.

I had planned to meet with current 2nd grade parents to discuss class configuration at Smith Elementary. However, for a number of reasons, I would like to change that plan.

The First Friday Principal’s Coffee will be on Friday, May 1st in my office at 9:45 (following the Danza Azteca performance).

There will be no specific topic and I’d like to invite all comers. Principal for the Day Harrison Lee will field all the tough questions; I'll take the softballs.

This year, more than most, the budget process is critically important to our planning. Next week, the District Budget Committee will recommend funding and staffing levels to the Board for approval. Following the Board’s adoption of that budget I will share the plans we are developing for the 2009-2010 school year at Smith Elementary. These are likely to vary from plans I previously shared with parents of current 2nd and 3rd grade parents, but will not be set without input from parents and faculty. Evening, as well as daytime opportunities, will be available. With the pending move to Smith I feel most comfortable seeking input once fewer variables are at play.

In other news, the school is abuzz with preparation for Spring performances of all kinds. Green-up Day is slated for this coming Sunday. I’ll meet anybody wanting to pitch in against weeds and ivy in the South parking lot at noon. Bring your gloves and tools.

Again, I apologize for any confusing change in plans. I believe this will be the best way to proceed.


As always, my best,

jeremiah