Otherwise, if you'd rather read about our fantastic student athletes, mathletes, and coming events like Back-to-School Night, read on.
Math Team to Hold Two Morning Practices Each Week
The RGS Math Team has recently hired Heather Kitada, a talented and enthusiastic junior majoring in Math at Lewis and Clark, to run two practice sessions each week. On Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30 to 8:30, Heather will work with students to develop their math abilities and prepare them to compete both as individuals and as a team on a variety of in-house, local, and national contests. Students will have opportunities to receive recognition for their successes in competition, and to grow their interest and love for math! In addition to the AMC 8 competition in November and the Mathcounts competition in late February, there will be a variety of events and contests open to students throughout the year. This is a great way to help your student foster a love of math and the skills to excel! Register through the PTC Community School page.
Soccer/Volleyball season is upon us. The boys Division II team with coaches Paine and Morton played yesterday against SW Christian to kick off their season. The Lady Falcon Volleyball team, under Coach Brounstein, started their season in our gym against Forest Hills Lutheran last night. They lost in a very competitive match. Upcoming games are posted below.
I am thrilled to announce that we have a second girls soccer team. The schedule is being posted as I write to the district and district athletic calendars -- the two girls' schedules will be denoted by color, a "blue" team and a "white" team. The job is posted, and if interested, please contact Rob Pridemore, district athletic director. We were able to pull this off because of behind-the-scenes work by Lori Peterson and Rob Pridemore, as well as the incredible turnout of our female athletes -- 30 girls are out for soccer this season. Coupled with a very healthy roster of 12 for volleyball, these are truly impressive numbers.
Back-to-School Night is this coming Tuesday evening. We will return to our regular format, which is a tight time-line but allows us to see as many people as possible without impinging anyone's evening schedule too badly. I encourage those of you close by to walk, if possible, as parking will be at a premium. It is a parent-only event.
The format is as follows:
- 6:30-7:05 -- Primary (K-4) classroom presentations.
- 7:10-7:25 -- All parents and staff meet in the commons for brief remarks from the principal, the PTC, and the Foundation.
- 7:25-8:00 -- Upper (5-8) classroom presentations.
- 4th grade to Tryon Creek
- home volleyball game vs. Life Christian
- away division I boys soccer game vs. Catlin Gabel
- home division II boys soccer game vs. Catlin Gabel
- away girls soccer "blue" vs. Portland Adventist
- home girls soccer "white" vs. OES
- Back to School Night
- Picture Day
- PTC General Meeting in the commons
- away division II boys soccer game vs. Life Christian
- home volleyball game vs. Emmaus Christian
- away girls soccer "blue" vs. Kingsway
- away girls soccer "white" vs. OES
- home division I boys soccer game vs. Horizon Christian