Everyday we are thankful to be working in your community, with your children. We are thankful that you entrust their learning to us, and for the learning we achieve through them.
Winter Sports Edition
I do want to take a moment to clarify a few details about the upcoming winter sports schedule.
Communication around the beginning of a sport season has not been our high water mark in my two years and I take full responsibility for it. Please know we are working to improve this facet of our communications.
The gym at Smith, as many know, is less than ideal. Thus, we will schedule games at the high school when the Mavericks are away and at other teams' facilities. Some will still be held at Smith.
- All 6th grade girls are welcome to join the 7/8 girls in their season. Because of relatively low participation there will be no stand-alone 6th grade girls team later in the Winter.
- Practices will be held at Smith after school @ 3:30 (2:30 on Wednesday).
- The practices (through 12/17) will be held at Smith after the girls practices, starting at 5:00 (4:00 Wednesdays). The post 12/17 practice schedule will be posted on 12/1.
- Players will likely have the chance to stay between dismissal and practice in a study hall.
- A stand-alone 6th grade boys team will begin its practice season on January 25th.
Have a great Thanksgiving!